Sunday 8 June 2008

Lily Allen Explains Her Drunken Behaviour At Awards Show

Lily Allen has taken to her blog to explain her drunken behaviour at the Glamour Awards which resulted in her being carried out of the event.

The 23-year old rocked up at the glitzy affair with bright pink hair and a controversial dress adorned with a decapitated animal print to collect the Editor’s Special Award.

Despite starting the night in high spirits, the Smile singer ended up inebriated she had to be carried to her car.

Writing on her MySpace blog, she explains: "Last time I wrote (sic) here, I was defending my honour and dignity, explaining my innocence and also outrage at the press for insinuating my behaviour (sunbathing topless while on holiday) was embarrassing.

"This time I'm putting my hands up, I got very drunk last night, too drunk. It's not cool getting that drunk, I feel awful..."

And, although she admits she had a good time, Allen also makes sure to warn others about the dangers of drinking: "Kids, drink responsibly or you'll end up looking like this, not pretty!

"Was quite fun though, from what I can remember."
If you've not yet witnessed photos of Lily's intoxicated state, see the embarrassing snaps here.